21.8.2010

Making terrace for a grandfather

This time I will write in English as I have had a request from my Philippines friend Okasaneko. She asked me to show how I take my SF-set up pictures using roomboxes. I think this will take two pars as I am now showing you how I make "outdoor" pictures using a landscape roombox. Next time I will show the indoor roomboxes :)



This is the start. I have used this small roombox for many outdoor pictures. It's from a real SF-case, but I can't remember from which set. It's not perfect but I have been too lazy to make bigger and better so this will have to do (again).



As I start gathering my tools the Tailbury grandfather is patiently waiting with his equipments under my computerscreen. He has no hurry as he is watching me working and sipping his evening tea.



This time I will modify the landscape a bit. I will make it look like a terrace instead of plain grass. I have this tile-sheet left from my previous entry where I used it as a bathroom-foor. The tiling is really nice so it will have a second life as a terrace.



The terrace needs railings too. I have this big wooden box for all the little wooden pieces, icecream sticks and coctail sticks. From there I can easily search for needed pieces when I make roomboxes or my dolls house. I decided to use this dark stick from a tablet - it will make a perfect railing. On the right picture you see the tool I used to cut the stick to the right lenght pieces. They are not cut entirely straight but it does not matter as I am not making a permanent set up.



A pack of blue tac is a must have when I make any set ups! It enables me to stick the pieces to the background without using any glue. Here again, I could have made a better job, but pieces of furniture can be used to hidden all the little flaws of the railing.



As the terrace is finished I can finally place the little pieces and the grandfather in. The photo shooting can begin! There was a lots of little changes with the set up and the lighting. The cup was in the wrong position on his hand, the golf bag was on the wrong place and I almost forgot to add the newspaper to the picture! I also decided to take the glasses off from the grandfather as it was impossible to make him look good with glasses on.



This is the final result! I had to take 80 pictures to get the one that satisfies me. It's not perfect, but good enought. Little flaws are corrected with photoshop: colours are corrected, a reflection of a light is removed from the minigolfmat and the corners of the picture are sharpened as my lens is a little bit greasy (thanks to my daughter who likes to touch the cameralens with her always wet ingers...).

2 kommenttia :

  1. That was lovely! You are so creative. :-) Thank you so much for sharing that with us. And I so look forward to seeing your indoor room boxes.

    Happy day!

    VastaaPoista
  2. That was lovely! You are so creative! :-)

    Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I so look forward to seeing your indoor room boxes.

    Happy day!

    VastaaPoista